What Is Mindfulness
“Mindfulness” is a word you may have heard get thrown around quite a bit in recent years, and it may seem like no one really knows quite what it means. At Mindful Fort Collins, our goal is to help members of our local community gain a true understanding of what mindfulness is and what it can do to better their lives.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of being fully aware and accepting of your surroundings, emotional state, bodily sensations, and thoughts in the present moment.
Where does mindfulness come from?
Though mindfulness originated as a Buddhist practice, it is now widely used and respected as a beneficial therapeutic practice. At Mindful Fort Collins, we pay all due respect to its origins, while making sure that we do not enforce or incorporate religion into our practice.
How can mindfulness help me?
Offering a wide range of benefits, mindfulness can do everything from improving your working memory to promoting emotional wellbeing and building resilience. We are passionate about the benefits of being mindful and would be proud to show you what mindfulness can do for you.
How To Be Mindful
With all of the daily stresses each and every one of us has to deal with, we all need a method of toning down the craziness and embracing our lives. Living as mindfully as we possibly can helps us do that and so much more. Incorporating mindfulness into your day-to-day life can seem daunting but, in fact, can be very easy. Follow these simple tips and you’ll be on your way to leading a more present life in no time.
- Be as connected as possible to your senses by taking moments out of the day to notice what you see, hear, smell, feel, and taste.
- Meditate in the mornings, whenever you’re overwhelmed, and/or before bed.
- Be as conscious as you can of your patterns, both old and new, and take the time to determine whether they are serving you.
- Savor each moment, taking a step back a few times a day to appreciate where you are and where you’re going.
- Take time to count your blessings, as positivity can be transformational for your mindset.
Reach out to us today to find out more about Mindful Fort Collins. We look forward to helping you enrich your life.